Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Best Craft Rooms EVER!!! - inspiration to plan YOUR craft room!

I am currently carving out a space in our new house for all of my sewing/crafting supplies, and a place to pursue my interest... It is HARD!! I like to think of myself as a fairly savy person when it comes to design and space allocation, however, when you have piles and piles of fabric and craft supplies, making them look "good" is a serious challenge!!

Today, I am looking for inspiration, and thought I would share what I find with you, so maybe you too will be inspired to create your own space...



This happy little space is from Flickr and was posted by Crafty Intentions - HERE



Craft Room by Cindy on Home Designing



Craft Room by Better Homes and Gardens



Craft Room by fellow blogger/crafter WishingIwasstitching.blogspot.com



Craft Room by backstitch.tumblr

Well....I am a perfect example of why looking for inspiration is such an important step in preparing to create or decorate a new space...

Do you notice anything about the pictures that I chose?? All white...yeah. I had NO idea or no inclination that this would be what I pursued, but obviously I am drawn to it.

SO! before you start....make a board on pinterest of all of your favorite rooms, and look for similarities...like it being white :)


Well, this being said, let me give you a little peek of what we are working with. OH BOY...not sure I am ready to reveal this to the world. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk...


HERE! Here it is!




So, what problems do we have here....

  1. We are in a basement....an unfinished basement. Not exactly luxury, but at least we have some space and windows! :)
  2. All of my shelving is black.
  3. carboard boxes - yuck!
  4. I have TONS of fabric, and it is sorted by type instead of color.
  5. No shelving above.
  6. I cannot see/tell what is in the boxes.
  7. You obviously cannot see this, but it is COLD!

Ok. We have our starting point. Let's see what I can come up with..... I'll be sure to keep you updated on my progress.

<3 Aubrey

Markoosmoderndesign.com

Markoosmoderndesign.etsy.com

Follow me:

Twitter @MarKoosModern

HERE for Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment